Revision, in accordance with the norm PN-EN 15038, is a review of a translated text in order to determine its suitability for its intended purpose, comparison of the source and target texts in respect of terminology, register and style, and also recommendations for corrections to be implemented.
Our clients also take advantage of additional revision services to ensure that their translated texts are 100% fit for purpose.
- additional stylistic and linguistic revision – revision by a second linguist. The objective of this revision is to minimize the occurrence of linguistic clumsiness or any other oversights, such as for texts meant to be published online.
- additional revision by a native speaker of the target language – recommended for translations of marketing texts intended for foreign markets.
- additional substantive revision – revision by a second specialist in a given area, primarily in respect of substantive issues. Its purpose is to minimize the risk of terminological errors, such as in medical articles.
- substantive – for the translation of books, specialist articles and other texts intended for publication.
- linguistic/strong – preparation of marketing and other similar texts by a specialist-copywriter.
Our clients also entrust us with editing and proofreading their documents.
Editing – analysis of the target text (without reference to the source text) along with recommendations for changes to make it fit-for-purpose and to ensure it conforms to the conventions adopted in the field the text belongs to. The editor is an individual with specialist knowledge in the field.
We provide two types of editing services:
Proofreading – inspection of the final version of a text (such as product labels ready for printing) before publication.