Many websites store cookies on your user account (in the cache of your browser, e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.) in your computer or telephone that you use to browse the Web. Cookies are generally a very helpful type of files. They make it possible to store your individual settings and allow you to log in to your e-mail account. Web administrators use them to learn how many users visit their sites and what attracts their attention or drives them off. Information obtained thanks to cookies can also serve collecting information about you for commercial purposes. For example, if you happen to be a frequent visitor of literature-related websites, you might receive more bookstore ads.
Cookies are not used to identify you or obtain personal information about you.
The entity that places cookies on your device and accesses them is the operator of www.kontekst.pl.
Cookies are used in order to:
- Shape the content of websites according to your preferences and optimize your web browsing experience; they help recognize your device and display the web content according to your individual needs;
- Collect statistical data which help investigate the way websites are used in order to improve their structure and content.
Our website uses two basic kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored in your end device until you log out of a website, leave it or close your browser. Persistent cookies are stored in your device for a specified time, depending on their parameters, or until they are deleted by you.
Our website may use the following types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies, which enable you to move around our site and use its essential features. These are e.g. authorizing cookies used in services that require authorization (login);
- Cookies used to ensure security, e.g. to detect any abuse in the website's authorization process;
- Performance cookies, which collect information on how our website is used;
- Functionality cookies, which are used to remember individual user settings and personalize user interface, e.g. language or region settings, the appearance of the page, etc.;
- Advertising cookies, used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests.
If you believe the presence of cookies violates your privacy, you can disable them any time either for a particular website or in general for all connections through your browser. To learn more about how to manage cookies, see the Help section in your browser.
Please also be advised that blocking cookies can affect some functionalities of our website.